Convince Me In Three

Guys, do you know what one of the coolest things about having a blog is? Its not that I have a place to broadcast my love of my cat OR document the books I am reading OR show you all the tasty things I eat.

Nope. It is that you get to meet people through your blog! Did you know that could happen? I didn't either! SO cool, no?

I "met" Jes of Two Smuppies about 6 weeks ago. I'm not totally sure how I stumbled upon her blog, but I'm pretty thrilled I did! I emailed her about a button swap (have you ever emailed a total stranger? It is real scary) and she WROTE BACK! I had emailed what seemed like 900 people at that point and it was radio silence, guys. But she wrote back!

This is Jes!



And she lives with a man (sometimes, living with a man is strange) which I totally identify with and she has a puppy that I swear to god looks like he has a smile. And not even a puppy smile, a real honest to goodness human smile. He is so cute and I want him and my puppy sister to fall in love so we can be puppy related. Anyway I got a little carried away...

Clearly we have a lot in common (men living, furry babies in our lives, our love of cupcakes) but one thing she loves but I just CANNOT get into is...John Mayer. I just can't.

I don't hate him (there are some people I hate, like Katie Couric for instance) but I just cannot for the life of me get into him. And it is frustrating because I feel like I am missing out on something, but I just don't know what the heck it is!

All of this to say is that Jes and I came up with this fun little thing we'll be doin' on the regular called "Convince Me in Three," where one of us will try to convince the other one to like something (or in this case, try to explain why I don't like this thing/person).

Got it? OK HERE WE GO! This is why Jes is totes in love with him and his dreamy voice! For three reasons I cannot get into him AT ALL go to Jes' blog here!

Reasons to Heart John Mayer by Jes from Two Smuppies!

1. His voice could melt even the coldest of hearts in the deepest corner of cold Russia. Okay, that's an exaggeration. But really, his crooning is fab. Although most of his songs have a pretty depressing mood to them... I think that he still has an ability to sing it as though it were a happy song. 
He's like the male version of adele to me. Is that taking it too far? I don't think so. Adele sings great breakup songs... and I think mr.mayer has perfected that with a deper voice. Actually, would you consider him voice to be deeper than Adele? I've heard him live and I don't know if I can. Anyways, "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room"? gets me every time.

2. He's got a sense of humor. Although dry and often coming off as drab to those who do not understand his Mayerish language, I think that he is full of surprise. Case in point: John Mayer on Ellen playing the celebrity game. probably my favorite clip. 


AND he sings in the bathroom with Ellen here: 


3. He's that "tortured" soul slash bad boy slash deep down romantic that I think we all want to get to know better. But also while thinking of how amazing John is, try to forget about that one article he did where he kissed and told. That was just a fluke. He's also a fantastic live performer. Given I haven't been to too many concerts in my day, I have been to enough where I know that John is better (if not more amazing) live than he is on the radio or on his cd. In fact, I prefer to listen to recordings of his live shows over the records. 

So, are you not convinced yet, kate?
Maybe he's just an acquired taste. 
Until next time, Kate readers!

No comments