I Can Only Write About What I'm Doing

...And these days, that's unpacking. Still! How did we get this much stuff? Where were we keeping all of it before our Ikea trip on Sunday? And how long is it going to be until I feel like our home is ready for people to come over?

We've made some big progress in the past two nights, so that's what I'm blogging about today! Got some decorating ideas for me? I'd love to hear 'em! Also, how do I convince Fiance that painting one entire wall in our kitchen with chalkboard paint is a good idea?

I would like to also take a moment to tell Stephanie (and my Mom) that NO this is NOT a house tour! I am not giving "the crazies on the internet a blueprint to rob me blind" (so says Stephanie).

In our bathroom...


Ugh, you can't see it in this picture, but those are towels and they say "His" and "Hers". Its our Engagement card from my Aunts and we just framed the whole thing because it was too perfect not to (Thanks Aunt Lau & Aunt Lyd!)!

This is our living room! That is our mantle...which come any holiday (starting perhaps with the Election) will be decorated to the nines. And heck yes there will be hot pink tinsel for Christmas, sorry Fiance. The mantle is not done, this picture is mostly to illustrate those pictures!



In other news, yesterday I had my one year review at my job and hooray I did not get fired (not that that was seriously a possibility) so clearly I went to DSW with Amanda on my lunch break and got these celebratory sandals. Are they crazy? They are way trendier than anything I own and I think I love them.


No comments