Book #9: Dedication


Book #9 was Dedication and was written by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus, the authors of The Nanny Diaries. I'm giving it a solid three out of five stars.

I struggle with McLaughlin and Kraus' books because I think the dialogue is always too disjointed. There are times when I have to read a paragraph two or even three times (which is embarrassing because this book is not rocket science) because its so all over the place. Dedication absolutely suffered from this (I'm not sure if it has to do with the fact that two authors wrote it) but overall, it was a cute book.

Cute I think is the best word to describe it, actually. Katie Hollis, successful environmental advocate, returns home to Vermont to confront her high school boyfriend, Jake Sharpe. There are a lot of friends involved, which I always like and its a fast (read: relaxing, don't have to think much) 300 pages.

Book #10 is up next...1/10 of the way there!

No comments