Book #11 (Finally): 11/22/63

I love my Kindle. A lot.

It is the big one, with the giant screen and even though I cannot wait to get the Kindle Fire for my birthday in June (cough cough Mom & Dad/Fiance), I think I'm going to miss my gigantic one. (Please note that Fiance and I are currently embroiled in a debate about why I want a Kindle Fire instead of an iPad. More on that later)

While I do love my Kindle, I do not love that it refuses to tell me how many pages are in a book. When I decided to read the new Stephen King two weeks ago, I thought to myself "You're flying to Georgia, driving to Albany and have to commute. You'll finish this in four or five days tops".

Pssssh, friends Stephen King laughed in my face. Because (in true Kate fashion) I slept both ways to Georgia, and was distracted by Dilly in the car on the way to Albany and yesterday when I looked on Good Reads, it told me the book was 849 PAGES. So here I am, two weeks, 849 pages and one book later.

With that being said, this book was worth every single second. It took me about 150 pages to get into it, but once I did it was unbelievably wonderful. SO wonderful in fact that it is my first 5 star book of 2012!

I would absolutely recommend this book to any history buff, time travel lover or casual book reader. YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK! But don't read the end of it on the train, because it is so unbearably heartbreaking you may cry and then strangers will stare at you. 

No comments