Happy 21st Birthday, Alyssa!

Today my baby sister, Alyssa, is 21.

When Alyssa was born, I called her Penelope. This was before Penelope was a trendy name. I thought it was the best name ever but my Mom did not agree and told me five weeks into Penelope's little (then) chubby life that if I didn't call her Alyssa I couldn't talk to her anymore. I plan on retaliating by naming our first baby Penelope (but only if I can get Fiance on board first).

On Sunday we all went to Nanny's house to celebrate the big 2-1! We ate Chinese food for dinner (Alyssa's fave) but I messed it up because I forgot to order her crab ragoon and shrimp toast. Worst sister ever.

Can we talk about this picture for a minute? Its basically my new favorite picture of me, Alyssa and our photo-bombing Mom.


Oh and this one is a real winner, too.


Instead of a cake for her birthday Alyssa/Penelope wanted donuts from Leskes.


Now seems as good a time as any to talk about Leskes. Recently reopened at 7612 5th Avenue in Bay Ridge, Leskes makes what I think are the best donuts in New York. Dare I say it in the country, they are that delicious.

I would highly recommend the Peanut Butter and Jelly variety (pictured above) or the Peanut Butter and Chocolate. NOTE the Peanut Butter and Chocolate are NOT Nutella flavored. No matter how much like Nutella they may taste. If you call and ask to order Nutella donuts for your daughter's 21st birthday, the counter lady will tell you (rudely) that they DO NOT MAKE NUTELLA DONUTS (I know because this happened to my Mom and then my Aunt).


Here are two other pictures from Sunday that I love, love, love!

Holly looking like a creeper!

Three of my favorite boys!


Happy 21st Birthday to the best sister in the entire world! Now when you drink all that wine, it won't be illegal! I mean...I love you, I love you, I love you!


No comments