DIY Mugs

I saw this post a few months ago on one of my all time favorite blogs, A Beautiful Mess, and I knew I wanted to try it! So, while I was home for the weekend, my Mom and I made them! We made one for my sister too, even though she went out with her friends while we were making them (geeze, Alyssa!).

Here's what you'll need:
1. Ceramic mugs (we got ours in Kmart)
2. Sharpies (of any color buy we chose black)
3. Blue painter's tape
4. An oven


Instructions: 
1. Figure out what you want to write on your mugs. We chose an Eleanor Roosevelt quote because she is our absolute favorite! "A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water"

2. I put painter's tape around the mug for the first one we did because I wanted it to be super straight. If you have a pretty steady hand though, you definitely don't need the tape and I didn't use it the second time around


3. NOTE: if you mess up, was your mug with warm water and soap! All your writing will come off and you can start over

4. Get to writing!

5. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. After they were done, we turned the oven off and left them in there over night, just to be sure we didn't burn ourselves


I used mine yesterday morning with some orange juice! I would recommend not washing them in the dishwasher, but since Fiance and I don't have one, that won't be a problem for me! Thanks to Elsie and Emma for this great idea...their blog really is fantastic and I would recommend it for all kinds of craft inspiration and instructions!




No comments