And a Happy Thanksgiving to You

I know, I know, I KNOW.

SILENT it has been on this here blog...FOR WEEKS! "No one is going to read anymore, you know...they'll be mad at you," my Mom told me the other day. What I really think she means is she is mad at me for not keeping this up, but to any of you who might actually be mad...I am sorry.

Things have been moving right along though. In the past few weeks I've: booked a photographer for our wedding, asked nearly all of my bridesmaids to be bridesmaids (Fiance took a special something upstate with him this weekend), gone to happy hours and brunches, watched our President get re-elected (amen, baby Jesus), saw my baby cousins get Bar Mitzvah-ed (and wept the whole day) AND bought a wedding dress. More on all of this in future posts I swear.

BUT ALSO, Fiance and I hosted Sidesgiving! I noticed a lot of people on Facebook this weekend seemed to be doing Friendsgiving. Sidesgiving is a lot like Friendsgiving except that there is no turkey. Strictly sides. And it was glorious...dare I say it, the best we've ever had.

The key to a dinner party like this is paper everything, you guys. Accept that the environment hates you for one night and embrace the paper plates, plastic utensils and paper tablecloths. The last thing you want to be doing after you have 20 people over is any sort of extra dishes (even if you do wake up the next morning to your friends doing them for you...thank you, Brian). Also, I suggest participatory table cloths and crayons, they are a real crowd pleaser.

Thank you to my Twin, Tammy, for this picture...LOVE YOU
All of this is to say I have tons and tons to be thankful for tomorrow, and everyday really. Chief among them are my family, friends and my soon to be husband. And our kitty cat, who I swear I love more each day, there I said it.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and thanks for reading if you still are! 
xxo,
Kate

No comments