Wedding Wednesday: How to Ask Your Bridesmaids to Be Your Bridesmaids!

Since we got engaged, I've been searching high and low for an adorable way to ask my six bridesmaids to be bridesmaids. I needed something relatively easy because I am not an expert crafter, and also I have nearly no patience. My biggest fear was that I was going to finish four of the six crafts and then tucker out.

The key to a good bridesmaid craft is to make sure you've asked your Maid of Honor (in this case my sister, Alyssa) to be your Maid of Honor. I found that they will definitely say yes if you buy them the Kate Spade MOH pencil/makeup/electronic accessories case. Once they say yes, they HAVE to help you craft! Silly MOH! 

SUPPLIES:  
1. Eggs
2. Glitter
3. Glue 
4. Martha Stewart craft supplies (that you won't even realize you need until your in Michael's) 
5. A dissection kit...Alyssa just happened to have this in her bedroom from her Biology class last year. It proved immensely helpful! 
6. Ribbon and sparkly tape 


INSTRUCTIONS: 
1. Blow all the goo out of the egg. Instructions for this can be found here 


2. Rinse eggs with warm water and dry in the microwave for thirty seconds (don't touch them because they are surprisingly hot!)

3. Let eggs sit for four hours 

4. Tape one of the holes closed with scotch tape (the hole where the goo came out of). In the other open hole, funnel (silver) glitter in...you're going to need to figure out the best way to do this. Alyssa and I cut a straw in half and I poured glitter down the straw slide while she held it against the egg. Once you think you have enough glitter in there, tape the other hole closed

5. Fill a bowl with glitter 


6. Put glue all over the egg and roll the egg in the bowl of glitter! You'll need to pay particular attention to the areas with the tape...not much glitter will stick to that area

7. Go get all of the Martha Stewart things you bought in Michalel's out of its packaging. For some reason, I can't find links to any of the stuff we bought (tiny cardboard boxes, cupcake wrappers, grass or adorable note cards) but its in the Martha Stewart craft aisle! 

8. Put your eggs (dried over night) in those cute tiny boxes! Provide appropriate cushioning! 



9. Write your notes, put them in the envelopes and add an instruction list! 


10. Give them to your bridesmaids! This one is Bridget's and I gave it to her at Sidesgiving! Her's definitely exploded the best, and I think that if I did this again I would add way more glitter inside. 

So, there you have it! A foolproof way to ask your bridesmaids to be a part of your special day! I can't believe these turned out as well as they did, and I credit a lot of it to Alyssa's patience and also those Martha supplies! They really made everything look perfect...thanks, Martha! 


No comments