Iceland on Saturday

Friends, remember a few months ago I talked about going to Iceland?

We're seriously going. We leave on Saturday.

Me, Fiance and our good friend Becca are getting on a plane at 2:00PM and flying to Iceland. I am telling you now that I do not appreciate the side eyes you're giving me because I said I'm going on vacay with my Fiance and best friend...what's your point?



That's a confirmation I received from IcelandAir last Saturday. And I nearly fell out of bed when I saw it (don't you wake up and check your email before you even brush your teeth? I do and clearly its a healthy habit).

Apparently the below is something I'm going to be able to see in Iceland? That's what came up when I Googled Reykjavik (that's the capital of Iceland). Because even though we've been planning this trip for more than six months, in my head I still cannot see us there. 
Via

Do you ever get that? Its how I know something is a big deal. 

FOR INSTANCE I can picture myself teaching a class of 21 first year students this evening. I can picture myself packing my lunch for tomorrow. I can picture Fiance and I going to Albany for the weekend in two weeks and going to Target tomorrow night.

I CANNOT picture myself: walking down the aisle. Or wearing a wedding dress which will be happening in November because I made an appointment yesterday at Kleinfeld's (more on that later, I die). I cannot picture myself owning a puppy or being pregnant or being responsible for a baby for more than six hours i.e. what will happen when Fiance and I have a baby and it LIVES WITH US.

I CANNOT PICTURE US GOING TO THE AIRPORT ON SATURDAY, GETTING ON A PLANE AND ARRIVING IN ICELAND.

But, its happening. And I'm so excited I could nearly burst. Packing however may be problematic? More on that later...

No comments