A Post about Entertainment in 2015

Do you ever feel like you're consuming an awful lot of entertainment?

I was thinking about that recently while Becca, Shannon and I were watching The Interview on YouTube ("I want to watch it so I can have a conversation about it, in case anyone asks" said Becca. And I agreed with her. This is the state of our lives-make of that what you will).

I started thinking about all the other things I've already watched/read/listened to/attended in 2015 and we're not even a full 30 days into the year yet.

So I'm going to start making note of all the entertainment I'm absorbing and then I'm going to share some of it with you (you're welcome). Because watching/reading/attending something seems a lot more productive to me if I'm "recommending" things to you ;)


Peaky Blinders! Alyssa and I watched two seasons of Peaky Blinders when I was home between Christmas and New Years Eve. It starts Cillian Murphy (who I think I love?) who is the head of a British crime family in the 1920s. You have to pay very close attention because they are mumblers and they are British, so they're kind of hard to understand/hear, but we loved it! Season three is being shot now and we can't wait. Our favorite part of the whole show is when the 12 year old tells his (depressed, anxiety ridden) brother that he and his friends do coke "but only for special occasions" and that he should definitely have some before his big bar reopening. Clearly this is a much watch show!


The Interview! As mentioned above, Becca, Shannon and I watched this on a Saturday night while we ate left over gluten free pizza (parrrrrty). It was predictably terrible, but not nearly as terrible as I thought it was going to be. The movie definitely confirmed that I am strangely attracted to Seth Rogen but think that James Franco is a total weirdo. Major Perk: Joesph Gordon-Levitt is in the movie for three seconds and he's surrounded by puppies...its really great.



A Discovery of Witches! The first book of the trilogy, I hopped on this bandwagon because Marni and Teress were both reading them. They're about a witch and a vampire (I know, guys, but trust me?) and a secret book and also they go back in time. The books are on the longish side (more than a 1,000 pages each on my iPad mini, but I make my words kind of big) but I think they're worth it. I'm 2/3 of the way done with the second book and will keep you posted once I finish it.

Stay tuned for more riveting entertainment reviews in 2015 :)


No comments